5629 Valerie Email: Wayne Herbert's Email
39 Watten View
Phone: +65 9170 8938
· 30+ years experience in project management, technical management, general management, software design and development, marketing, and sales.
· Strong project management skills in scope and requirements definition, work plan development, cost and schedule estimating, earned value management, risk management, issues management, contract management, problem solving, and project communications.
· Excellent leadership and team building skills. Strong written and oral communication skills and a proven ability to interact at all management, technical, and user levels.
· Broad applications experience, varied hardware platform experience (mainframes, PC’s, workstations, web servers), and strong analysis and programming skills.
· Thoughtful, pragmatic, analytical, and intelligent with a team oriented approach. Good business sense, strong technical skills and a value added focus.
EDUCATION AND CREDENTIALS
· Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering (B.S.E.E), 1997, Rice University, Houston, Texas, 3.5 GPA (out of 4.0), specialization in systems, controls, robotics.
· Certified Project Management Professional (PMP), Certificate Number 199797, Project Management Institute (http://www.pmi.org).
· Certified Computing Professional (CCP), Certificate Number 019163, Institute for Certification of Computing Professionals (http://www.iccp.org).
· Certified Geographic Information Systems Professional (GISP), Certificate Number 0009738, Geographic Information Systems Certification Institute (http://www.gisci.org).
SELECTED PROJECT MANAGEMENT EXPERIENCE
Mapping System for
Accomplishments: Created working committees spanning all departments, developed system requirements and scope document. Prepared cost and schedule estimates and developed detailed work plan. Oversaw installation of workstation based digitizing stations and integration with mainframe systems. Managed and trained programming and data entry personnel. Developed milestones and acceptance criteria. Monitored progress, solved problems and prepared regular status reports.
Assisted Dispatch for
Accomplishments: Developed work plan, cost and schedule estimates, and resource requirements. Developed interface procedures and conducted meetings to deal with issues arising between the user department, central IT, the hardware vendor , as well as other contractors on the project. Prepared reports and conducted presentations and demonstrations. Developed change control procedures, test plan and user acceptance criteria. Conducted status and issues meetings.
Accomplishments: Worked with top level county executives to obtain funding. Created the scope definition and work plan, negotiated contracts for personnel, developed quality control methods to assess data accuracy. Coordinated the activities of multiple agencies in the acquisition of documents and databases. Developed long range plan for integration of GIS databases into other applications.
Computer Assisted Redistricting: Project and technical lead for a system that was used to redistrict 7 states and 11 cities over a period of two years.
Accomplishments: Designed software, developed work plan and resource requirements to implement a PC/Unix workstation based redistricting system. Installed hardware and software in multiple cities, provided user training, developed data acquisition and entry procedures for each city, and handled issues and problems at each installation.
Accomplishments: Developed requirements specifications, prepared cost/benefit analyses, and created standing multi-departmental committees for the evaluation and prioritization of project requests. Allocated staff resources to projects planned and in process. Developed and taught training courses. Created user acceptance and testing procedures and chaired development status meetings. Created change control procedures to manage an inventory of 1200 programs. Managed contracts, and prepared executive summaries for the Director of IT and Commissioners Court.
Key Maps, Inc. Automation Project: Project and technical lead for a map publishing company to introduce computer automation into an essentially manual operation. The work consisted of initiating, planning, executing, and controlling numerous smaller projects to create an integrated IT function. To varying degrees, all of the projects required a variety of project management skills: Requirements and scope definition, work plan and budget development, procurement planning and execution, issues management, and status reporting.
Accomplishments: Installed servers, software, routers, firewalls, and voice/data cabling throughout the building. Installed POS equipment and retail accounting support packages. Designed and implemented the company’s Ecommerce catalog, online shopping, and back office fulfillment system. Implemented electronic data interchange with largest customers. Developed the company’s databases and software system in support of its map publications. Specified data organization, backup, security, and disaster recovery procedures.
TECHNICAL, OTHER KNOWLEDGE AREAS
framework and project management models.
Ten Step project management methodology and templates.
· Courses and readings covering leadership, effective communications, conflict resolution, group dynamics, negotiations, and effective planning.
· Accounting and financial: Integrated financials (P&L, cash flow, general ledger, balance sheet), operational financials (A/R, A/P, inventory, purchasing, various sales analyses), POS, project accounting, and financial analysis (time value of money).
· Governmental accounting: Fund and cost accounting; appropriations, encumbrance, and purchasing, voucher and payment systems, auditing and reconciliation.
· Banking systems: Demand deposit accounting, savings, and installment loans.
· Geographic information systems (GIS) and related systems: Political (lists, labels, phone banks, polling, redistricting, contributions), demographics, and route planning.
· Internet and web: Solid knowledge of IP communications essentials, experience in active server pages (ASP, Cold Fusion, PHP) and web development.
· Development languages: C, COBOL, Fortran, Basic, Object Pascal, PHP.
· Databases: Model 204, MS Sql, My Sql, Access.
· Development platforms: IBM mainframes (MVS), HP (MPE), DEC Vax (VMS), Unix workstations, and Windows based PC’s.
· Specialty software: Multiple financial packages, seismic data processing, CICS, LISP AI language, and MATLAB scientific modeling.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Products.
Catalyst Project Solutions,
PMO Practice Manager 2004-Present
Key Maps, Inc.
Manager, IT 1997-2004
Automation Dynamics, Inc.
Principal/Software Consultant Full Time 1987-1993, Part Time 1993-1997
Vice President/Project Manager 1983-1987
Programming Manager 1974-1983
The NCR Corporation
System Analyst/Programmer 1969-1974
First City National Bank
Computer Operator 1968-1969
· United Kingdom (British Citizen with right of abode)
OFFICES, ORGANIZATIONS, HONORS
· Member, Project Management Institute
· Member and Elder, Mankind Project International
· Board Member and Publications Chairman, Rice Engineering Alumni Association
Director, Past President,
Honors Student, Deans List, University of
· Awarded full four year Roy and Lilly Cullen Engineering Scholarship, 1994